.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Running on Jewish Time

Monday, August 14, 2006

All My Yiddshe Bubbes

I want to be one of those one old ladies with the sensible shoes and the odd colored scarves that are everywhere in Yerushalyim.

The ones that look very closely at you and ask your entire family history to determine if they're related to you and then ask what you're doing for Shabbos even if you're not.

Like the one sitting at the busstop who scooted over to make room for me and told me as I protested
In Chutz L'aretz, you may only have one mother to take care of you, but, here in Eretz Yisrael, everybody is your mother. So sit!
I would like to be everybody's mother.......................... eventually.
I think I would like trying to be a mother to just one family first, or maybe just a wife would be a good start.

But, when I am old and gray and young whippersnappers give me seats on busses, I would like to be a mother in Eretz Yisrael.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


 
Free Website Counters
Free Counter
web stats