.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Running on Jewish Time

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

And yet it does surprise me......

[update: 10 March for because brevity does not always make for clarity.]

Once I thought that the news might truely be about, well, news. What, when, where, who etc. with the odd quote thrown in. But then it seems that news is about shaping public opinion more about whys than the traditional who, where, what and when.

So when I see a headline like this:

1972: Isreali Commandos storm hijacked jet

Somehow it manages to make the Israeli Commandos that apparently storm all sorts of things, houses, airports, local pharmacies..... only this time it happened to be a jet. Oh yeah, a hijacked jet.

Who hijacked it? What happened to the hostages? When was the operation carried out? Where was the hijacked jet?

A year ago, I would have found the naievity and sense of injustice to be enraged at this twisting of history. Now, I'm just tired of it.

But from time to time, it still surprises me.

9 Comments:

  • I just read this article proving that the holocaust never happened. I am tired, tired of being angry and confused at the people who would say that. But also afraid that that is what they are waiting for.
    Eventhough we become tired of the lies and the hate we should never stop being angry. It makes it easier to ingnore and then we will be in trouble.

    By Blogger ayala, at 10:16 PM, May 09, 2006  

  • I'm not getting this post...

    By Blogger David_on_the_Lake, at 11:06 PM, May 09, 2006  

  • David, I'm with you.
    I just thought it's cuz I'm blonde.

    By Blogger kasamba, at 11:55 AM, May 10, 2006  

  • kasamba...
    lol..well I certainly am not blonde..soooo lets wait for an explanation...

    By Blogger David_on_the_Lake, at 10:33 PM, May 10, 2006  

  • I have to disagree...
    If this were to happen anywhere else the headlines wouldve been the same..
    "French Commandos storm hijacked jet"

    does that look out of place?

    By Blogger David_on_the_Lake, at 3:35 PM, May 11, 2006  

  • Its about the slant the media puts on things. The news is no longer just reportin gthe facts of an occurance, it has become opinionated, biased, complete propaganda. I get this post. Why wasn't the headline "Israel Saves The Day". Yes it angers me. The media is left wing. And most do not like Israel or the jews.

    By Blogger FrumGirl, at 10:39 AM, May 12, 2006  

  • Unfortunately, it's just the way of the world.

    I saw a joke going around the internet to this effect with the headline changing as more info came in. once there's a jew involved it changes the complexity of everything.

    By Blogger A Frum Idealist, at 10:39 AM, May 12, 2006  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger David_on_the_Lake, at 4:44 PM, May 12, 2006  

  • i used to get emails from honestreporting.com, so i could see for myself the twisted ways the media spins society's perception of israel and jews, but, like you, i'm getting tired of reading over and over what kind of sick world we live in where people manipulate thinking minds to their own, subversive designs.

    My language is not too harsh -remember Goebbels? Terrible events often are the result of terrible media manipulation.

    By Blogger Okee, at 1:03 PM, May 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


 
Free Website Counters
Free Counter
web stats