.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Running on Jewish Time

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Chana , a Woman Awake In the Night

"Give to Your maidservant the children and I will give him to Hashem all the days of his life.[Shm. I 1:11]"
He is the"Lord of Hosts of Heaven and Earth... [ibid]"
Does He need another servant? "....Is it hard for You to give me one son?[Brachot 31b]"

"...Roeh, Tireh... You will surely see the pain of Your maid servant...."
Is there anything He does not see? "See my pain, or You will see when I drink the mei sotah and You will have to give me a child[ibid]"

"....Remember me and don't forget..."
Has He ever forgotten anyone? "Give to me a child, and then continue to give me more children.."

"...Give to Your maidservant the children and he will be given to Hashem all the days of his life.[Shm. I 1:11]"
It's not a bargain. It's a statement of fact. Her child will be one who can be dedicated to G-d all the days of his life.

Who is Chana?
"And she saw her merchandise was good, and at night her candle did not go out [Mishlei 31:18]"
She knew her own greatness and did not despair.

Who will Chana's child be?

"The candle of Hashem was now extinguished....(The sun of Eli set....)
...And Hashem called to Shumel, and he said, 'Heneini' [Shm I 3:2-3]"

As night falls, Chana's candle burns bright.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


 
Free Website Counters
Free Counter
web stats