.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Running on Jewish Time

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Time to Go Monster Hunting

There is a green-eyed monster camped out in the sub -basement of my soul.

It lives off of the dark misma of emotions that boils off the edges of control. It survives on the scraps of darkness and the dusty forgotten corners.

There are dozens of the little creeps. Waiting for moments of weakness, exhaustion, rage. Whispering, mummering....
Well, they were asking for it?
What's the harm, its just once?
Why should I care?
I have so little and I want so much.
The little ones are easy. Listen to the voice, follow where it is and then promptly defenestrate the little twerp.

Thank you, don't come again.

But this one is not so easy. He's not afraid of the light, smirking as I talk on the phone, strolling right into my words, camping out in the middle of my head. Mocking my decisions, my motivations.

There's a green-eyed monster camped in the sub-basement of my soul and he's got to go.

9 Comments:

  • What does masmida get emotional about?

    By Blogger yakki, at 7:38 PM, January 11, 2006  

  • We all have little demons that live inside of us. You are so vague. I agree with Yakki... tell us your issues....

    By Blogger FrumGirl, at 7:57 PM, January 11, 2006  

  • Hatzlacha. A lot of it. If you find a method of defenestrating your monster, can you pass it on? Mine is starting to get on my nerves...He doesn't pay rent, and he bothers the neighbors.

    By Blogger Stx, at 8:29 PM, January 11, 2006  

  • Masmida can get emotional about preety much anything.

    but in this case the particulars of the situaton will remain closed.

    suffices to say that STX and any other single person has probably has longstanding aquaitence with this particular green-eyed monster

    By Blogger Masmida, at 9:50 PM, January 11, 2006  

  • Ah so the green-eyed monster happens to be a blonde education major named Kristin! jk..

    If this helps: Think more, less emotion. You'll live longer (admittedly I stole it from a movie).

    Masmida, this monster doesn't leave (and this isn't our fault). However, we can choose to use the deep-seated feelings and gifts G-d gave us to hurt us or help us. Does that make things more confusing? Lucky us monsters are imaginary beings ;)

    By Blogger yakki, at 10:17 PM, January 11, 2006  

  • You should see what inhabits the deep sub basement of my soul...((shudder))

    By Blogger David_on_the_Lake, at 4:45 PM, January 12, 2006  

  • Masmida... sorry... I hope you know I don't judge. I think I know and understand your pain....

    By Blogger FrumGirl, at 4:53 PM, January 12, 2006  

  • Frumgirl,

    I know you want to understand and help and I don't keep the issue closed because I think that the blogosphere will shred me for it. From all that I've seen you tend to be extremely sympathetic.

    I keep it closed because well, loshon ha'ra but also I wish to retain a certain degree of privacy

    but Thank you for understanding

    By Blogger Masmida, at 9:05 PM, January 12, 2006  

  • Kick it! or her...might make you feel better.

    By Blogger Eshet Chayil, at 2:44 AM, January 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


 
Free Website Counters
Free Counter
web stats