.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Running on Jewish Time

Sunday, January 29, 2006

A Time to be Silent....

I've learnt much of my own ignorance in the past year.

Ignorance of the world around me, of the laws of the physical, the psychological, the spiritual.

How man himself is so ponderous and important that whole world rotates about him.
How gravity makes the Earth fall and fall and fall again, falling just past the Sun.
How G-d suspends the Earth in the void.

or whether perhaps it's all one and the same.
But, again, how can both the touch and taste and senses, the fierce empiricism of science,
and
The Infinite One for whom the whole length of Time and the boundless regions of Space are all so finite, who is Reality.
Are these both the same world?

Perhaps the laws are beyond my comprehension, as painful as such an admission might be.

There is a cacophony of words in the world, of thoughts, of conclusions forgone, and questions perennially re-cast.

I have much to learn and more to think about.

There is nothing new under the sun. But what lies beyond the it?

This is not a goodbye, fare thee well, and take good care and wrap up warm, dearies, it does get a bit chilly in the evening. I write and write often, I think, but I would like what I have to say to be better worth saying.

It is a silence, waiting, listening to the voices for the theme and fugue and the key before I raise my own voice again to join the harmony.

7 Comments:

  • Really, people now.

    Blogging is addictive and this is by no means a declaration of intent to stop but something born of a moment and the whimsy of speaking of silence.

    By Blogger Masmida, at 10:21 PM, January 29, 2006  

  • You find it painful to admit some things are beyond your comprehension?
    Hmm I didn't figure you with such an ego :)

    By Blogger Pragmatician, at 5:10 AM, January 30, 2006  

  • Think this way....

    All I wanted when I was younger was to understand why this world seems to be the way it is.
    To not be able to is deeply frustrating.

    By Blogger Masmida, at 8:47 AM, January 30, 2006  

  • We are not supposed to understand it this Italian woman told me this week that I am not supposed to look up at the people around me but concentrate on what I have to contribute to this life I guess that is the attitude you have to take when you are married to the mob or when you live in a Jewish community. Either you are in or out. They get to decide who is "Yisreal" and who is worthy of their gemach help. If you don't fit the bill you need to get out and get your help directly from Hashem (including your plot in the cemetery) sorry if the truth hurts too much. It is that is what invented the hypocrite. Aka, the lie.

    By Blogger Littleredridinghoodie, at 12:10 PM, January 30, 2006  

  • Don't worry even when you are silent Hashem can hear you he is right infront of your nose. Chodesh Tov.

    By Blogger Littleredridinghoodie, at 12:16 PM, January 30, 2006  

  • I love the way you put it into words. I love the fact that I find another like me who is searching for answers in this world. dont let it frustrate you. We may never find the answers because they may truly be beyond our human comprehension, but we can choose to grow from the journey....

    By Blogger FrumGirl, at 5:09 PM, January 30, 2006  

  • So poetic...
    Allow me as a member of the audience to say..I really enjoy your thoughts..and the way you express them...
    A symphony would sound terrible without the pauses between the notes...

    By Blogger David_on_the_Lake, at 10:40 AM, January 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


 
Free Website Counters
Free Counter
web stats