.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Running on Jewish Time

Thursday, December 29, 2005

A Meditation on Fuzzy Slippers


It seems everybody is feeling sick and dull and altogether not their perky happy self.

I, on the other hand, have fuzzy slippers.

Yes I have a cold, a runny drippy nasty cold, but I have fuzzy slippers also and hot coaco and a very cute two year old who is happily destroying my catalogs as I drop them on the floor.

I could mediate on how miserable having a cold is, and how horrible the cold rain is, and the grey sky. But I'd rather think about my slippers.

They're brown and warm and lined with shearling and they make me smile and feel warm.

I'm too tired and slightly ill to be profound and thougtful today, so my insight of the moment is find your own particular small pleasure and enjoy it.

A warm and fuzzy Chanukah

7 Comments:

  • Refuah shelayma b'karov!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:47 PM, December 29, 2005  

  • Refuah sh'lama.

    It's amazing how important the little things are :)

    By Blogger TRW, at 12:10 AM, December 30, 2005  

  • Refua shleima...My fuzzy slippers are shaped like eeyore. And the other ones are my "princess" slippers.

    By Blogger Eshet Chayil, at 5:24 AM, December 30, 2005  

  • I have no fuzzy slippers and right about now I am feeling deprived.
    Feel better!

    By Blogger araya(uh-ray-uh), at 10:43 AM, December 30, 2005  

  • Bingo!
    I remeber the deeper idea behind this.

    It's not simply to enjoy physicality it is to be aware of the gift, the love, the luxery.

    It's like a bracha, taking a moment before you dig in, to thank G-d. Not because you owe, even though you do, but because you want to acknowledge the relationship.

    The sweetest part of the luxery is not what it is but who gave it too you.

    By Blogger Masmida, at 12:03 PM, December 30, 2005  

  • Masmida - Thanks for reminding us about these little pleasures...

    Yes, so many people are sick right now (myself included). I have strep, and I have a friend who just got over tonsilitis, another friend with bronchitis, and another friend who's just plain sick.

    Refuah shelaimah to all! And don't forget about those fuzzy slippers...

    By Blogger Stx, at 1:07 PM, December 30, 2005  

  • I just got a a pair of fuzzy slippers for Chanukah...mmm

    By Blogger David_on_the_Lake, at 10:18 PM, January 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


 
Free Website Counters
Free Counter
web stats