.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Running on Jewish Time

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

On Not Being a Wife II


I thought a bit about my last post and did the very wise thing of talking to my mother.


I explained how concerned I was that I was not yearning for that married state meant that I am being selfish or shallow or immature. She rolled her eyes at me and said


Whenever you find yourself thinking about the meaning of marriage, take the idea, lock into a closet and go think about people and the tzlem Elokim in each one.


A few monthes ago, when I was wandering around taking a poll of my friends and people I respected of when they felt ready to get married. They all said something along the lines of when they met their spouse. I sighed at the peverseness of such a statement. But I'm beginning to get a sneeking suspicion it might be true.

4 Comments:

  • this is a test to see if people will only leave comments once they've seen someone else has left a comment

    By Blogger Masmida, at 5:50 PM, September 21, 2005  

  • Your last two post are interesting. I always thought a girl wants to get married for protection and because she has a desire to give. What do you think about those reasons?

    P.S.I would leave a comment even without your experiment.

    By Blogger EN, at 11:57 PM, September 21, 2005  

  • pondering how you'd react if you got setup with someone who discovered your blog.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:15 PM, September 28, 2005  

  • Sigh... too late.
    Google is evil.

    but I'm not ashamed of what I've written here. So if he couldn't handle my blog, he probably couldn't handle my real self.

    but i am trying to be careful not to post things about the guys i date. they deserve their privacy even if i forfiet mine.

    By Blogger Masmida, at 12:11 AM, October 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


 
Free Website Counters
Free Counter
web stats