.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Running on Jewish Time

Friday, September 30, 2005

Not Yet.

Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
When are we going to get there?
How soon is he coming?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

In about 13 days we're going to sing Next Year in Jerusalem, exhuasted and hungery, high on a day of prayer and lightheaded. and the question occurs to me....

Didn't we do this last year?

Maybe Mashiach is coming this year? There's a inner child with me that is bouncing up and down, anxiously waiting for this greatest firework show of them all that its parents and teachers have promised. and at the end of every holiday it sulks, pouting that it hasn't happened yet.

Are we there yet?

I turn to my inner child, a little bewildered and unsure how to answer. "I believe with prefect faith that even though he may tarry, every day he might come." At least I try to.

Are we there yet?

No. Not yet.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


 
Free Website Counters
Free Counter
web stats