.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Running on Jewish Time

Monday, August 29, 2005

Ahhhhh... Romance

The fuzzy pink feeling that subsists between two partners in a soon to be sexual relationship. The floating infinite moments of sunshine and flowers, where all the world seems to be composed solely of and for the sake of two individuals.

It's not real, there are no dishes in romance, not messes, except the endearing dishevelments of a loved one's hair or coat. No taxes and certainly no death in this neverending fairytale of a relationship.

I watch it from the outside, looking in at the happy abandonment of the couple, feeling very lonely in my singleness and yet I acknowledge...

I am not a romantic. Any man who compliments me, risks being laughed in the face. I know I am not pretty or shapely or have flowing raven locks; they are dark brown, thank you. I don't have a tinkling laugh; its a cackle.

More important and basic then any of the ephitets of romance, is strangely enough, as dreamy and as removed from reality in the general course of things as I am. If I should get into a deep relationship, one that will be created inside a marriage, I will be eminently practical and focused. The other person will be to important to mess up for.

Romance is not for me. I dream of Reality, when all I need to do is open my eyes.

1 Comments:

  • It sounds to me from your post that you are a hopeless romantic. Reality is not a dream and romance is definitally real. You just need to feel it.

    Just opening your eyes is not going to do the trick.

    However, that being said, I wish you Hatzlacha in finding your relationship that will give you the practicality and focus you so desire.

    By Blogger EN, at 12:54 AM, August 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


 
Free Website Counters
Free Counter
web stats