.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Running on Jewish Time

Sunday, August 29, 2004

My End of the Year Project

This is Jewish Time, about fifteen minutes late.

It's Elul, the last month of the year for everyone who's still trapped in Westren time. We're about a third of the way through and have another 20 days before G-d is going to give us a pass/fail grade. This is my end of the year project.

I, and others can relate, really don't feel like its Elul yet, after all I'm starting classes tommarow. I'm not evaluating myself, and my actions for the past year. So, I going to write about it. What Elul is, halkhot [laws], articles and see if we can wander back into Jewish Time.

So here's a start:

Rambam's [Maimonides] definition of repentance is: [taken from R' Breitowitz's lecture]

  1. Stop doing the Sin! [simple and very difficult]
  2. Regret It [it's really hard to regret things when you're having fun]
  3. Refuse to do it again [ G-d does know what you're thinking ]

For more go look it up in Mishnah Torah.

Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


 
Free Website Counters
Free Counter
web stats